Dragan Milić, Attorney at law and Founder
Lawyer, Dragan Milic was born in 1980. After graduation on Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade, he has finished internship in First Municipality/Basic Court in Belgrade, and passed Bar Exam. He became a member of Belgrade Bar Association at 2006.
At the beginning of his carrier, he practiced various fields of law, by using knowledge and experience gathered during his internship days, but afterwards focuses and specializes for areas of law which were always of a particular interest for him – copyright, media, internet and intellectual property right.
Since year 2011, he is listed as one of arbiters in the Council of Serbian National Internet Domain Registry, as part of Serbian Chamber of Commerce, in which as a chairman or a member of arbitration tribunal participates in decision making relating to requests for taking over or cancellation of registration of .RS internet domain.
Provides legal advice and representation services for legal and natural persons, especially in the areas of copyright and industrial property, media, internet and IT law, including protection of personal data and legal advice related to the implementation of the GDPR in the business of domestic and foreign legal entities.
Given his long-term practice in the field of legal aspects of cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin, with the adoption of the Law on Digital Assets, he established himself as a competent consultant for business related to digital assets, and as a speaker at conferences and trainings related to this type of asset.
He is engaged by companies, financial institutions, associations and institutions that deal with education in Data Protection Officer trainings, i.e. Persons in charge of personal data protection, whose engagement is required and recommended, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
He is the author of the monograph Art Law, published by JP Službeni glasnik / Official Gazette of Republic of Serbia, as a monograph of national importance. It was promoted in September 2022 in the atrium of the National Museum of Serbia.
He is a permanent lecturer of the company specializing in training and education “Business Perfection”, on their projects “Training and courses” and “Top conference”, the company “Kurs Kreator”, as well as the German company for education Forum media GmbH and their related legal persons in the RS, Forum media doo, Belgrade.
He is also engaged as an author of the “DOMEN RS” portal, where he regularly writes articles on the subject of information and communication technology law.
“Nova ekonomija” magazin, Columnist
He was engaged at the Faculty of Media and Communications as a mentor for practical training of students of journalism, communications and digital arts in the areas of copyright, media and internet law.
He is the author and editor of many publications, including the Copyright Guide for Online Media, published by the Association of Online Media, and supported by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Serbia, as well as Trends and Jurisprudence in the Domain of Copyright in Journalism, published by NUNS.
He also has behind him a large number of seminars, trainings and workshops organized by various associations, where as a lecturer he participated in the education of students, journalists, editors and authors from various professions. He has written a large number of texts related to the legal fields he deals with, many of which have been published or taken over by the media and publishers.
The scientific paper “Possibility of applying blockchain technology in copyright law” was published in the prestigious annual publication of the Faculty of Law of the University of Belgrade – “Intellectual Property and the Internet 2018”, presented at the conference of the same name.
In the publication of the Institute for Comparative Law “Protection of personal data in Serbia”, from 2020, the article “Legitimate interest as a basis for personal data processing” was published, as the first text of its kind in our country, which shed light on the most flexible and problematic basis data processing – legitimate interest.
At the 35th anniversary of the Kopaonik School of Natural Law – Slobodan Perović, in December 2022, published and refereed a scientific paper on the topic “Issues relating to the determination of the identity of registrants of internet domains in the light of applicable personal data protection regulation”, co-authored with Dr. Dejan Đukić .
He takes active role in public debates, initiatives and educational projects from the filed of media, copyright and intellectual property right, and of which specially mentions the membership in the working group of very important international project of the European Union – EVLIA (Intellectual Assets and IP valuation). The project was established in order to implement a single method of assessment and expression of the value of intellectual property rights or for establishing the parameters and methodology for evaluation of innovation, which enables the intangible assets to be expressed in accounting by its market value and thus be used for the purpose of financing from banks and other investors. – EVLIA.
As one of the most valued experts in Data protection in Serbia, Dragan Milić was engaged at trainings and teaching future Data protection officers, organized by several organizations and institutions. Those seminars and intensive courses were attended by hundreds of lawyers, IT and HR managers in Serbia.
Concerning Data protection, Law office Milić offers full GDPR and ZZPL compliance service, including data mapping, documents and acts drafting, data record keeping and other consultancy service in Data protection field.
As an external associate, he was engaged at the Faculty of Media and Communications as a mentor of practical training for students of journalism, communications and digital arts in the fields of copyright, media and internet law.
Author of printed publication Trends and Case law in the field of copyright in journalism, published by Independent journalists association in Serbia and the Ministry of Culture and information of Republic of Serbia.
Author of expert article Legitimate interests as a legal base for data processing, published in the book – Data protection in Serbia, publisher The institute of Comparative Law (2020).
Has a large number of seminars and workshops organized by various organizations and associations, in which he participated as a lecturer in the education of students, journalists, editors and authors from different professions.
Recent important events and conferences
- June 2023, Web3 Policy Lab Meetup conference, organized by Chamber of commerce and industry in Serbia IP AND BLOCKCHAIN, 5th June – lecturer
- June 2023, Cyber hygiene and security culture in organizations conference organized by University of Montenegro, Podgorica, 2nd June – panelist
- April 2023, IP : CON BELGRADE 2023, Conference organized by Faculty of law, University of Belgrade, lecturer and panelist
- December 2022, Seminar “Step by step: Be GDPR compliant”, organization “Kurs kreator”, 21. i 22. December, Hotel Holiday Inn Beograd – lecturer
- December 2022, Participation at the conference “35. Kopaonik school of natural law – Slobodan Perović”, presentation of the scientific article, IV chair for IP and ICT law, 15.12.2022.
- December 2022, Publication of the article within “35. Kopaonik school of natural law – Slobodan Perović”, “Issues relating to the determination of the identity of registrants of internet domains in the light of applicable personal data protection regulation” – co-author
- November 2022, Seminar “Legal aspects of business in IT industry”, organization “Poslovna savršenost” within the project “Top Conference”, hotel “Borkovac”, 17. i 18. November – lecturer
- October 2022, Lecture at the Law Faculty of Union University, Belgrade, on the occasion of the study visit of the delegation of the Institute for Intellectual Property of Bosnia and Herzegovina to the institutions of the Republic of Serbia, October 13 – lecturer on the topic of alternative dispute resolution regarding internet domain names
- October 2022, Conference “E-trustmark Day” o e-trgovini, 12. oktobar – lecturer
October 2022. Seminar “Implementation of the Personal Data Protection Act”, held at the Borkovac Hotel, organized by the company “Business Perfection”, October 4 and 5 – lecturer
- September/October 2022, Intensive four-week training of Personal Data Protection Officers organized by “Trainings and Courses” – lecturer
- September 2022, Promotion of the monograph “Art law” at the National Museum in Belgrade, September 6. – monograph author and speaker
August 2022. The conference “Three years since the implementation of the Personal Data Protection Act 2022” was held at the Hotel Mona in Zlatibor, organized by “Forum Media d.o.o. Belgrade”, August 28, 29 and 30 – lecturer and panelist
June 2022 Seminar “Implementation of the Personal Data Protection Act”, held at the Borkovac Hotel, organized by the company “Business Perfection”, June 2 and 3 – lecturer
May 2022 Seminar “Inspection in connection with the implementation of the Personal Data Protection Act”, organized by “Forum Media d.o.o. Belgrade”, May 23 – lecturer
May 2022 Lecture on the topic of domain disputes and analyzing specific arbitration decisions as part of the Intellectual Property Law Clinic organized by the Faculty of Law of Union University, May 13 – lecturer
March-April Two-day seminar – training of Personal Data Protection Officers, organized by the company “Poslovna savrsenost”, held at the Borkovac Hotel, March 31 and April 1 – lecturer
February 2022 Seminar “Legal aspects of business in the IT industry”, organized by the company “Business Perfection”, held at the Borkovac Hotel, February 24 and 25 – lecturer
December Conference “Illegal trade on the Internet”, organized by the 2021 Foundation “Register of the National Internet Domain of Serbia” (RNIDS) and the Faculty of Law of Union University, December 8 – lecturer
- Two-day seminar – training of Persons for the protection of personal data organized by the company Poslovna Perfection – Lecturer. November 5 and 6, 2021, Hotel Borkovac
- “Trainings and courses”, four-week advanced and practical DPO training, October 2021. Lecturer
- Two-day seminar – training of Persons for the protection of personal data organized by the company Poslovna Perfection, September 15 and 16, 2021, Hotel Borkovac / lecturer
- Seminar “Inspection supervision of the Commissioner in the application of ZZPL” – Forum media, August 2021. – lecturer
- Two-day seminar – training of Persons for the protection of personal data organized by the company Poslovna Perfection, June 2 and 3, 2021, Hotel Borkovac – lecturer
- Digital revolution 4.0 – Conference Union Faculty of law and RNIDS. Lecturer “Legal aspects of digital assets”, December 2020.
- Conference “Data protection 2020.” – Forum media, November 2020. Speaker and panelist
- Promotion of expert article – Legitimate interests as a legal base for data processing, published in the book – Data protection in Serbia, publisher The institute of Comparative Law (2020)
- “Obuke i kursevi”, three week advanced practical DPO workshop, November 2020. Lecturer
- “Obuke i kursevi”, four week basic DPO trainging, Oktobar 2020. Predavač
- Promotion of the publication „rends and Case law in the field of copyright in journalism“, publisher NUNS, author Dragan Milić, June 2020.
- Intenzivna obuka Data protection officer-a „Stručnjak za zaštitu podataka o ličnosti“, 15, 19 i 22. Jun 2020, Organizator Forum media doo, Beograd
- Seminar on Copyright Law – Belgrade“ – Evropski centar za sudije i pravnike, Ministarstvo pravde Kraljevine Luksemburg i Ministarstvo za evropske integracije RS, seminar u Zavodu za intelektualnu svojinu RS, – 04. Decembar 2019 – panelista
- Seminar GDPR/ZZPL – Poslovna izuzetnost & Komora zaštitnika podataka o ličnosti, Novi Sad, Novembar 2019
- Konferencija „Mladi online – kada postaje opasno“, Pravni fakultet univerziteta u Beogradu, Novembar 2019, predavač
- Konferencija “ZZPL – Prvi rezultati primene i najčešće nedoumice u praksi” – Forum Media doo, Hotel Saint Ten, Beograd, Novembar 2019 – predavač i panelista
- Seminar GDPR/ZZPL – Poslovna izuzetnost & Komora zaštitnika podataka o ličnosti, Beograd, Oktobar 2019
- Reporters Without Borders – Media Monitor, Belgrade/Berlin, 2017 – 2019 – Konsultant za monitoring medijske regulative u kontekstu horizontalne i vertikalne medijske koncentracije i neutralnosti interneta, kao i panelista i govornik na prezentaciji projekta za medije
- Gostujuće predavanje na temu IT prava – Pravni fakultet Univerziteta u Kragujevcu, maj 2019
- Konferencija “Ekonomska politika novinskih agencija”, u organizaciji medijske agencije “Beta”, Beograd maj 2019 – panelista
- Konferencija “Intelektualna svojina i internet”, Pravni fakultet Univerziteta Union, Beograd, April 2019. – predavač
- Gostujuće predavanje na temu “Odnos naziva internet domena i žiga”, Elektronski fakultet Univerziteta u Nišu, April 2019.
- Konferencija “Medijski tretman maloletnika u regulativi i praksi” – Centar za edukaciju i razvoj Leskovac – predavač
- Konferencija “Medijske slobode i autorska prava”, u organizaciji Nezavisnog udruženja novinara Srbije, Beograd, Januar 2019. – moderator i panelista
- Konferencija “Zaštita podataka o ličnosti”, Hotel Moskva, Beograd, Novembar 2018 – predavač i panelista
- Konferencija “Digital media conference”, Ohrid, septembar 2018, predavač i panelista
- Konferencija “Intelektualna svojina i internet”, Pravni fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu, Jun 2018 – predavač
- Promocija rada “Mogućnost primene blockchain tehnologije u autorskom pravu”, objavljenom u godišnjoj publikaciji Pravnog fakulteta Univerziteta u Beogradu, Jun 2018
- Konferencija “European jurnalism in digital age”, Perast 2018 – učesnik i predavač
- Gostujuće predavanje na temu “Odnos naziva internet domena i žiga”, Pravni fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu, Mart 2018.
- Crypto party konferencija – Pravni aspekti blockchain tehnologije, Ljubljana, Mart 2018 – Predavač
- 58th ICANN – konferencija, Copenhagen, 2017 – Učesnik
- Digital Born Media Carnival, Kotor 2017 – Predavač i workshop mentor
- Konferencija OEBS and Independent Journalist Association of Vojvodina – sudska praksa u medijskom pravu, 2017 – Panelista